Thread: Kindle Touch with 3G bezel

Kindle Touch with 3G bezel

I have a Kindle Fire with me right now and I use it regularly to read the eBooks on it. I also have an iPhone and many times it happens that I usually forget my Kindle Fire. But because of synchronization feature, I can read the eBook even on my iPhone. Recently my daughter asked for a Kindle for herself, so I am thinking of giving away my Kindle fire to her and get a Kindle Touch for myself. I wanted to know if I should give away my Kindle Fire for Kindle Touch or should I stick with my Kindle Fire, can someone tell me?

Re: Kindle Touch with 3G bezel

The first thing that you will notice about Kindle touch if you compare it with Kindle Fire is that the weight of Kindle Touch is much more than Kindle Fire. Also the size is large for Kindle Touch than that of Kindle Fire. Another bad feature of Kindle Touch is that the key configuration of it somewhat awkward than other Kindles. It will take time before you get hang of it and start using it properly. In the beginning, you will have many problems in handling the Kindle Touch and often you will turn up doing wrong click for wrong option. Also the backlight is not proper if you take a deep look.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

The touch screen used in Kindle Touch is of very low quality and suffers from a noticeable offset of detecting the touch. I don’t know if the problem is related to the touch screen or it is the application that has problem configuring with the screen of the Kindle Touch. Maybe it wouldn’t be noticed while using finger as much of the part gets covered under the finger.

But of you use a stylus to operate the touch screen, then you will notice that there is a noticeable offset in touch and the effect. Not every app works with this touch offset but it is noticed usually when surfing internet.

I wouldn’t suggest Kindle Touch to anyone mostly because of its built. The body of the Kindle is designed such that the front screen occupies most of the part. This whole thing makes it difficult to hold the Kindle Touch in hand somewhat difficult. If you are a person with big hands, then let me tell you that some part of your palm or finger will cover the screen making it difficult for you to read the stuff along the edges.

I too got this problem so now I purchased a portable keyboard to work along with my Kindle Touch. Also because of its screen shape, you might notice some shadows of your hand on the screen spoiling the reading for you.

Other problem with the touch screen of Kindle Touch is that it is too sensitive. Even a slight touch of finger can scroll the screen up or down. It becomes really irritating many times. For example, I am lying on bed reading the eBook on my Kindle Touch and then suddenly my wife asks for something and I have to get up to reply or go to her. So when I come back, I find the screen has changed position. Even unknowingly rubbing the screen with the shirt or cloth will affect the screen. You have to lock the screen before leaving it on open. It is only good if you place it on table and read.

If the problems with the touch screen of Kindle Touch is ignored than Kindle Touch is very good to use. He connectivity to internet using 3G is very good and also the features that it provides are good. Once you get habituated to use Kindle Touch and get over the problems of sensitivity of touch screen, you will be able to use the Kindle Touch comfortable without any problem. You can go for Kindle Touch, but my personal; opinion is that you should stick to Kindle Fire if you need it for just reading eBooks. If you need a tablet for entertainment and internet surfing as well as for reading eBooks, then you can go for other tablets like Samsung Tab 2 or Asus Nexus 7.