Thread: Getting orange light instead of green light even after charging Kindle 4 via pc full night/day?

Getting orange light instead of green light even after charging Kindle 4 via pc full night/day?

I have been using Kindle 4 and I did not had any issues with it by now but today while charging it through my laptop I found that led light stays orange. No matter if I leave it for charging for full night/day it stays orange and does not turns green. The led light does not turned green even when it gets fully charged. I am not any issue with its function but this orange light makes me feel that something’s going to be wrong with my kindle further. Has anyone faced such weird issue or has any idea about it??

Re: Getting orange light instead of green light even after charging Kindle 4 via pc full night/day?

That’s really a weird issue, since you have mentioned that you are charging it through laptop I just wanted to know if you have tried charging it with main charger ?? If not then give it a try and see if that’s making any difference. There are possibilities that the usb port of your laptop might not be able to charge it properly, I think ones it will get charged completely it will show green light. I am not sure but these are basic workaround that you can check out in such cases.

Re: Getting orange light instead of green light even after charging Kindle 4 via pc full night/day?

I agree to you on that point but unfortunately I am not having Kindle 4 main charger, I had bought it but I’ve somehow misplaced it somewhere and that’s the reason I am charging it connecting to an usb via my laptop. I don’t think that the orange light is there because it is not getting charged well and so, I can see the battery getting charged completely. Like I have mentioned I did not had the same issue with it earlier even though I was charging it via laptop for almost a month. I think there is something else wrong, I will definitely try charging it with its main charger as I have asked my friend for the same. He will be bringing it tomorrow, so if there is anything else that I can try out further then do let me know. It will be quite appreciative.

Yes there is something wrong with your kindle most probably with its battery, I don’t think that there might be something wrong because you are charging it via usb connected to your laptop. It should get charged properly and it should show green light, I am quite sure about this because even I have charged my kindle via usb connected to my laptop. I never had any issue like that and it used to come up with green light once well charged. I just wanted to know how long you have been using your kindle?? I think that the battery has turned faulty or it might be turning faulty or there might be something wrong with the led connection itself.

See if it is just about the led light staying orange then I don’t think that you need to worry about the same. Like one has mentioned above there might be something wrong with its connection. If you want then you can do a hard reset and check out if it is helping it to turn green, if not then you can get it checked. I don’t think that there might be something wrong with the battery as you have mentioned that it is getting charged completely and it is just that it is not showing up green light. Even I will suggest you to try charging it directly from the mains using it main charger and see if you are getting any luck with it.

In that case I have tried resetting it several times but that’s not making any difference. I have checked regarding the same on the web and have come across people having similar issue but their cases were different. Some had mentioned that while charging the kindle the led used to turn green but turns orange as soon as they used to disconnect it from charging. In my case it is totally different it always shows orange. I am really running out of issues now, will try charging it with main charger as I get it and will post back if that makes any difference in my case.

You can very well try that out, I just wanted to add that have you let your kindle drain completely and get turned off?? If not then don’t charge it for some time and let it drain completely and get turned off. Once it gets turned off than charge it and check if it is coming up with green light or not. I am not very sure but I think that should do the trick. Just try it out and let me know if that makes any difference in your case, best of luck.

Hey I have faced the same issue and I will like to inform you that this is because of some hardware fault. In my case my kindle got turned off automatically and while charging it I noticed that it was not coming up with the green light instead the orange led used to stay lit. I had tried resetting it a number of times and had tried charging it with main charger as well but unfortunately these solutions did not made any difference in my case. After trying a number of solutions and not getting any help from them I simply went to the service center and got it replaced. I am quite sure you are having the same case so better get it checked.