Thread: How to share books between different kindle models

How to share books between different kindle models

I have recently bought different (kindle models (Kindle Fire and Kindle touch 3g) for me and my brother. We are not having any issues as such but I wanted to know if there is a way by which we can share books between these different kindle models?? Has anyone tried out the same or has an idea about it??

Re: How to share books between different kindle models

You can share books between different kindle models if you both use the same Amazon account. In short you both will have to register your devices on one account and after that you both will be able to share the downloaded ebooks in both Kindles. Both of you will be able to see Kindle library under Archived Items in your kindle’s. You can also check out the Amazon website and share the downloaded content to the registered Kindles. Just try it out and let me know if you are able to do that successfully or not, if you face any issues in this process then let me know I will surely try to help you out with possible solution.

Here are the simple steps that you need to perform:
    1. First check out whether the book you are buying is having the sharing rights or not. There are some publishers who does not allow to share their books. You just have to checked if Lending is enabled or disabled for the book or not, if it is enabled then you can share it else not.
    2. Once you are confirmed that the book you are downloading is lendable then Go to Actions" menu> Loan this title > Type in the needed information of the other registered kindles to whom you will be lending the book.
    3. After filling the form simply click on Send now, the book will be sent instantly and that user will be able to use it for 14 days.

The other user of kindle just has to Click on "Get your loaned book now" and receive the book.

The ebook can be shared between up to six registered devices of the same Kindle account at a time. One can share the books between Kindle reading devices like Kindle reading devices. So it is just not that you are allowed to share ebooks between different kindle models.

Ok thanks for the same, I will try out the above steps and post back if I have any issues with it. Anyways what if we are using different Amazon account?? Is there any method by which I can share books between different kindle using different Amazon accounts?? Further help regarding this will be appreciated.