Thread: Kindle 3g keyboard vs Kindle touch 3g

Kindle 3g keyboard vs Kindle touch 3g

I am willing to get Kindle 3g keyboard or Kindle touch 3g but I am confused between both. I am not able to make out which one is better, is there anyone using them and can share their experience so that I can make a better choice. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Kindle 3g keyboard vs Kindle touch 3g

I have not used both and I don’t think there is much difference between them as well. The only difference I see is touch and keyboard, I personally think that Kindle 3g keyboard will be better as far as comfort is concerned. If you don’t have any issue in using touch screen then go for Kindle touch 3g.

I think Kindle touch 3g will be a better choice, I mean it is an emerging technology. I don’t think that people might have issue in using touch screen reader. In fact I find it better rather than messing with the keyboard to navigate and highlight something. You just have to pay $10 more for getting a multi touch screen kindle. I hardly find any difference between them, they both have Free 3G + Wi-Fi, Experimental browser, 2 months battery life on single charge, 4GB storage, free cloud storage for all Amazon content.

Even I think that Kindle touch 3g is better, currently I am having Kindle 3g keyboard and my friend is having Kindle touch. I have found that the eInk display is better in touch as compared to keyboard, One can easily make that out. I also wanted to share that the keyboard key print in my case are fainting away so if you go for keyboard then sooner or later you will face the same. Kindle touch is quite responsive and the resolution and contrast of the Kindle Touch appears to be better as well. If you really want to find out which one is better than visit a retailer and use both of them for some minutes and you will definitely come to know.

I don’t know about others but I find my Kindle 3g keyboard to be better than touch. Its keyboard makes it user friendly while typing anything for search and all. As far as the look is concerned Keyboard is more polished than touch and is more comfortable to use. Instead of taps and swipes and moving fingers in touch I just have to press a button for navigating. I am not sure but I have heard that Kindle touch 3g is not having support for other languages than English. Anyways I don’t think that you will be able to make out which one is better as I see both Kindle 3g keyboard and Kindle touch 3g fans here. So to get a better idea, better check them out physically and get the one you find comfortable.

I am listing some differences between keyboard and touch other than what you can see in the specification so that you can have a better idea of them:

1. Keyboard 3G has rotating modes where one can go in to landscape mode where as Touch 3G cannot.
    2. It is easier to organize collections, highlight words, click on hyperlinks, browse web page’s etc in touch where as in Keyboard 3G you will have to use the navigation buttons.
    3. Since Keyboard 3G is old most of its bug has been fixed where as Touch 3G is quite new you might have to face possible bugs until Amazon does not comes up with an update for it.
    4. Touch 3G is having a X-Ray feature where as Keyboard 3G doesn’t.
    5. Keyboard 3G has support for multiple languages where as Touch 3G have support for English language only.
    6. Keyboard 3G can get connected to the Internet where as Touch 3G can just go on Amazon & Wikipedia unless connected via wi-fi.

One of the biggest drop down I see with Touch 3G is that with its 3G connectivity one can access only Amazon's Kindle Store and Wikipedia. I don’t find any use of paying additional $50 for accessing those two sites I will better go for Kindle Touch and save $50.Anyways with Keyboard 3G you can access any site and there is no limitation as such. I would have suggested you to go for Touch 3G if Amazon had not restricted its data for consumers. So for now even my vote goes for Keyboard 3G.

Why don’t you just pay $50 more and get Kindle Fire and get out from the black and white world, I think that will be much better choice:
    • Connectivity - Wi-Fi
    • Web - Amazon Silk cloud-accelerated browser
    • Display - 7" Vibrant Color IPS
    • Battery Life - 8 hours continuous reading/ 7.5 hours video playback
    • Storage - 8GB + free cloud storage for all Amazon content.
    • Dimensions - 7.5" x 4.7" x 0.45"
    • Weight - 14.6 ounces
    • Interface - multi-touch

Yes Kindle Fire is best as compared to Kindle 3g keyboard and Kindle touch 3g, if you don’t have any problem with the price then even I will suggest you to go for Kindle Fire. Just go through its features below:
    • You get access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books
    • It comes with popular apps, games , Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Pandora etc
    • It has Amazon Silk cloud-accelerated browser for ultra-fast web browsing experience over its built-in Wi-Fi
    • Comes with Free cloud storage support for all your Amazon content
    • It has a powerful dual-core processor
    • Once can stream thousands of popular movies and TV shows at an instant.