Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want to know if my E-Book is legal or not

Ebooks

Old 05-03-2012

Want to know if my E-Book is legal or not

Hi there I donít know if this question has been asked here before or not. Actually I happened to download a E-Book whoís author has been dead from many years. The pdf version of the book that I have was printed long back somewhere in late 70ís. so I just want to know I can legally posses this book or not, thatís what I want to know from you all. So can you all please reply to me on this. i have not much idea on this glad if you can share some of your views on this.

Old 05-03-2012

Re: Want to know if my E-Book is legal or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
Hi there I donít know if this question has been asked here before or not. Actually I happened to download a E-Book whoís author has been dead from many years. The pdf version of the book that I have was printed long back somewhere in late 70ís. so I just want to know I can legally posses this book or not, thatís what I want to know from you all. So can you all please reply to me on this. i have not much idea on this glad if you can share some of your views on this.
Hi actually it depends in which country do you live in, by the way where do you stay. Each and every country has their different rules for the standard copyright. So I hope you will get back to me on this.
Old 05-03-2012

I do stay in India so what rule does India imply on the copyrights act, thatís what I want to know. I hope you all can brief me on that. I am waiting for your response from your side.
Old 05-03-2012

In India it is actually 60 years from the date of publication and not before that. Well I donít know which authorís ebook are you having. So I would say you better check the publishing date and also calculate if its 60 years from the date of publishing, thatís what you need to look at. For more information you can also search in wikepedia about the same. search the terms as ĎList of countries copyright lengthí you will get all the required information there itself. Thatís it from my side for you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , , , ,