Thread: Want to know if my E-Book is legal or not

Want to know if my E-Book is legal or not

Hi there I don’t know if this question has been asked here before or not. Actually I happened to download a E-Book who’s author has been dead from many years. The pdf version of the book that I have was printed long back somewhere in late 70’s. so I just want to know I can legally posses this book or not, that’s what I want to know from you all. So can you all please reply to me on this. i have not much idea on this glad if you can share some of your views on this.

Re: Want to know if my E-Book is legal or not

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    Hi there I don’t know if this question has been asked here before or not. Actually I happened to download a E-Book who’s author has been dead from many years. The pdf version of the book that I have was printed long back somewhere in late 70’s. so I just want to know I can legally posses this book or not, that’s what I want to know from you all. So can you all please reply to me on this. i have not much idea on this glad if you can share some of your views on this.
    Hi actually it depends in which country do you live in, by the way where do you stay. Each and every country has their different rules for the standard copyright. So I hope you will get back to me on this.

I do stay in India so what rule does India imply on the copyrights act, that’s what I want to know. I hope you all can brief me on that. I am waiting for your response from your side.

In India it is actually 60 years from the date of publication and not before that. Well I don’t know which author’s ebook are you having. So I would say you better check the publishing date and also calculate if its 60 years from the date of publishing, that’s what you need to look at. For more information you can also search in wikepedia about the same. search the terms as ‘List of countries copyright length’ you will get all the required information there itself. That’s it from my side for you.