Thread: How to further protect Encrypted EPUB document by password

How to further protect Encrypted EPUB document by password

Everyone knows that an Encrypted document is very safe and secure until someone able to find a decryption key or code for that. What I am thinking is, it is possible to protect encrypted EPUB documents using a password. I can encrypt the document using Adobe but is it possible to add one more layer of protection by the use of unique digit code which will ask while open up the document?

Re: How to further protect Encrypted EPUB document by password

I don’t think that there is any way to add the password to the epub document for protection. However you can zip the file and then add the password in order to protect that zip files and it is guaranteed that no one will be able to open and read the document once the zip is protected by the password. This is a very much easier method.

As far as I know that you can encrypt any document file in any way. The there is a problem:
    • There is no standard Ebook reader which is capable to read encrypted documents
    • 4-digit password is not secure and using brute force attack it can be easily broken.

Right now you have to look for something like GPG. It is somewhat like public-key crypto system. It works in an efficient manner since it has two keys for each user. The public key is meant for anyone who wants to send the document. However the private key is used to decrypt the document. It is provides somewhat greater protection than the password and this protection system is very hard to break.

The easiest in my opinion is called AxCrypt. This software will help you to protect a file by using encryption. The app uses 128-bit algorithm, unlocked by a password. It is easy to use and you can encrypt any file or folder on your computer.

Just click the right button of mouse on what you want to encrypt. In the context menu, pull down the branch AxCrypt , then click "Encrypt". You will need to enter a password.

F or decrypt a file, double-click it and enter the password.