Thread: Publishers blaming errors in ebook format conversion

Publishers blaming errors in ebook format conversion

Several people, in that many publishers about errors while converting ebooks from one format to another. The errors happening while converting source file to ePub/Mobi but not OCR errors. I have also noticed that conversion process from time to time introduces errors. I am really annoyed by this. It is all about the publisher's responsibility. They have to make sure that the ebook fine should be error free before selling.

Re: Publishers blaming errors in ebook format conversion

Yes it is true that the publisher have to take the responsibility of those ebooks. If you are getting the errors during the conversion process, then they have to make sure to keep it aside and work out separately until they know what exactly the cause is. I did make a conversion of lots of ebooks and rarely do I have see errors.

Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) lets you convert pages of scanned text into characters readable by computers. The technique is also used for older books new lease of life as ebook. Unfortunately, far from perfect and OCR text should therefore always be checked after it is detected. Especially with Google Books, there are many digital books can be found teeming with OCR errors. Also in commercially available ebooks you sometimes see OCR errors. At the thought of opening up the digital backlist publisher is many hearts beat faster, but remember that here a quality desirable.

I have seen the low quality and low tech ebook always produce errors when converting from one format to another. The errors could be due to lots of imaged and high quality vector images present the Ebooks which cannot be converted automatically. Those images and other stuffs should convert manually. Otherwise you need to convert each page one by one along with image. This is a time consuming process but this procedure is sometimes necessary when there are lots of images on single ebook.