Thread: Scrivener: Ebook formatter and converter?

Scrivener: Ebook formatter and converter?

My friend is a writer and he is using Scrivener in order to format and covert ebook to EPUB & mobi and also KF8. I know that is a mac software and many writes, novel writes uses this software in order to write, format and publish the book in ebook format. But is it really a good choice though?

Re: Scrivener: Ebook formatter and converter?

If you want to word processing on the Mac you should obviously look Word for Mac or Apple's Pages word processor. These are not the only options, because you can also get lesser-known titles Quickword, OmmWriter or Scrivener. Scrivener is designed for people who have to write texts with complex structures, such as film scripts, novels or essays.

I am using this app in my mac and I really like it as writing app but I won’t give up the word for this. But you should use the Scrivener once because it is a lovely tool. The corkboard feature is very useful in order to put notes on a chapter. I wanted to easily insert placeholder chapters within the side-outline tool. My novel should look like a glance. The Highlight feature is something really useful. After all these good things, the tool are still not perfect because it is still complicated when it come to text formatting and paragraph options.

Now I have heard that the developer officially announced that Scrivener for iOS in development, although there is no visibility on how fast the app available. Scrivener is as you had already understood especially suitable for professional writers. People who write books, advertising texts to make or write long articles, where much research to be useful and which you must write multiple source texts. Because the focus for the developer in the Mac version is they have a different developer on the IOS version.

I am really looking forward Scrivener for iOS and I don’t know how much time it will take now. The developer has told that this new app lets you create index cards with texts that serve as inspiration or you want to use in your text. The IOS version allows for tickets to scroll across the screen, against a background of cork.

I had never heard of this word. The design is certainly unique and very useful for various target groups. It seems like the space you today on your widescreen display often have a word processor, in this app is used to the creative source of ideas and notes schematic display.

Are you busy searching for a word processor for the iPhone but allow apps like Pages you're not, then the IOS version of Scrivener might be interesting?

Scrivener is a familiar word processor for the Mac, designed especially for writers. By including index cards to work with, keep your information while writing in order. The app is still in an early stage, thus the planned launch this year probably will take time.

As far as I know that the Scrivener to Word export is something more than an editor. You can export to ePUB easily using this. So far the best process I have found was that Scrivener --> ePUB --> Sigil --> ePUB. On the Mac I think Scrivener an incredibly versatile and useful program, so I'm curious about a version for the iPad. I do wonder whether it works so well on the iPhone. Before the screen still seems quite small.