Thread: What is the image quality of ebooks as iBook vs Kindle

What is the image quality of ebooks as iBook vs Kindle

I have recently downloaded some travel guides, Frommers etc from both the Kindle Store as well as the Apple store. When looking inside, I have found that Apple versions have higher image quality than Kindle version. I have tested both versions in ipad only. It seems to me that Kindle versions had compression artifacts and due to this resolution is much lower than iBooks versions. Does anyone else notice anything similar? What kind of difference is that?

re: What is the image quality of ebooks as iBook vs Kindle

iBooks offers clearly a bit more. If you change the iBooks store to the library, you have a virtual bookshelf. Graphically, it is clear from the Apple App Classics for iPhone and iPod Touch can inspire. If you select a book, it is taken from the shelf, opened and zoomed. The Classics iPad app turning the animated graphics. You can adjust the brightness of the touch screen. A particularly convenient feature is the addition of DRM-free e-books.

I didn’t get a chance to check the difference of ebooks on an iPad, but I am not surprised to hear this. This is because the ipad hardware is capable to view more than any eReader can do. It is all about the format standards. The ipad contain a HD display with High resolution. So there is no doubt that the native apps or ebooks support high quality images. The Kindle app of ipad is recently released and it still need more and more improvements.

I have previously seen that the epubs had higher quality images than the mobi versions. This difference I have noticed when I got the LOTR ebooks. It seems to that the due to the change of image size limitation causing the kindle version ebooks to show low resolution images.

Not irrelevant to a decision would be the offer between the two rivals. Apple's is not small, but Amazon is a giant in the industry here, of course, also require books. It is worthwhile to pedal to both services to their own favorite authors or genres, and see where you will find a wide range. Between the two services also rein subtle differences in price. Do not ask me how come about, because here we have this wonderfully frustrating book prices, the books were supposed to cost the same amount. Anyway, I'm not complaining, if I can save a few Euros.

The catalog of Apple iBooks offer a super sexy design where it is pleasant to navigate. The iPad Kindle app looks for its Amazon site. It includes a summary of the book and comments from readers. Amazon has reworked the design for its iPad application. Thus, it can turn pages with his finger and there are color illustrations (unlike the Kindle screen with his E-ink black and white).

As with the iBooks with the Kindle app, you can read your digital books in portrait or landscape mode, but also highlight passages in the book and to search by keywords.

The image quality is completely depends on the image source file. Also there is a reason not to put high resolution images on the Kindle due to following reasons:
    • First of all it is due to the device optimization
    • The second thing is about the File size limits