Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Fav Authors

me not into readin ...
    but yeah read a couple of real gud one ...
    robin cook ... jeffrey archer ....

aka911 Guest
    me like "day after tomorrow" by allan folsom

also love enid blyton.

Quote Originally Posted by ujjwald
    of frederick forsythe, the jackal, and shephard are good. Rowling is ok, but not original. She portrays characters well though.
    Fredrick, huh? Yeah......simply gr8. 'The day of the Jackal' was superb and 'The fist of god was even better'.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    i just saw the book "The Fountainhead" in my school library.what genre is it?what's it bout?perhaps fountainhead would like to answer that?

Try reading that, Maniac.....U'LL ADORE IT!!! It's a MUST READ!!
    "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." -Ayn Rand(The Fountainhead)

Could you spare an old man a crust of bread? Or a Megabyte of Bandwidth!?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    i just saw the book "The Fountainhead" in my school library.what genre is it?what's it bout?perhaps fountainhead would like to answer that?
    Architecture as Drama
    Never mind that Ayn Rand's 1943 potboiler, "The Fountainhead," is pure schlock. From the opening scene when rebel architect Howard Roark stands naked on a cliff, to the triumphant conclusion when the insufferably arrogant hero stands atop the building he fought to build, the story is maddeningly irresistible.
    Howard Roark may be made of cardboard, but -- hey! He defies those stuffed shirts and spineless wimps who think they want buildings that resemble masterworks from the past. What do they know? "I don't intend to build in order to have clients," Roark tells the dean who expels him from architecture school. "I intend to have clients in order to build."

When I was sixteen, I cheered. Now I'd like to give that young upstart a spanking. Either way, "The Fountainhead" is a rousing good read.

jules Guest
    Ahh... Douglas Adams enters my list ...
    Ahh yes.. "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide" (best sci-fi-comedy ever)

Douglas Adams, John grisham, JRR Tolkien, David Baldacci, anyone read Salman Rushdie.

And yes I am a sucker too for fantasy series no one has mentioned Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series , it is one huge epic and a good fantasy too that.

Besides even fantasy Role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons is awesome, we are in the process of starting one at www.kawabonka.com.

Ati_rulZ Guest
    read a lot generally..
    fav authors are stephen hawkings(never read anyone that makes science easier), douglas adams(best sci-fi comedy on the planet and off it),tom clancy, robert ludlum, fredrik forsyth, matheww reilly(he's the best of the lot.. heard of him??), stephen king, issac asimov, arthur c clark, l ron hubbard, ray bradbury nd loads of others...
    Last edited by Ati_rulZ; 26-04-2004 at 10:26 AM.

matthew reilly rulzz..but ati_rulz where did u get his books from...they r kinda hard to find..i could find just 2..contest n area 7...both r awesome..very very fast paced..non stop adrenaline rush..

Nice topic.

Just finished reading Robert Pirsig's sublime work "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintainance" . I was surprised that nobody mentioned this on their list of faves.
    On ayn rand, I used to like her books but after a while of thinking about her views i found i disagreed with a lot of what she said.Ayn Rand's writing style however, is unmatchable.

Never read Douglas Adams.Been searching for a second hand one as ive only seen the first hand one as a set of all the hitchhiker series.
    But nobody can beat the master Alistair maclean.The guns of navarone, partisans - sheer intellect at work,masterpieces of logic.

others mario puzo - the Godfather, the sicilian
    AND has anyone read a book called 'five point someone' .Its a book about what not to do in an iit.From what ive heard its a pretty interesting read.Would appreciate feedback on this one.

I tried the lord of the rings a while back but something about it irked me.So i left it at that.
    Last edited by odiN; 27-09-2004 at 10:09 AM.
    ·!¦[· OdiN wuz here ! ·]¦!·

Systemic Anamoly Guest
    i like Sydney Sheldon
    i have the other side of midnight
    if tommorow comes
    and 5 others.....

but nothing beats perry mason(detective)

Amrita pritam,J.R.R Tolkein ,Vikram seth,APJ abdul Kalam,Mario Puzo
    These r the be authors ever I have read books abtand of Course no 1 can forget
    SIR Arthur Conan Doyale.

my favs

love umberto eco .
    stephen baxter is the best sf writer since a c clarke.
    and wodehouse is fabulous.

Fiction

Hello,
    I like Fiction and my favourite writers are Fedrick forsyth, J.k.rowling,irving wallace,Jefferey archer and Agatha Cristie. I hate to read ebooks strains the eyes and doent have the same passion

i agree with u billyjoel. e books dont hav that fun which we get by reading dusty old paper books taken from the library. but now i m coming to the terms with technology. liking the e books, particularly coz of the frequent travelling that i hav to do for my work, and secondly coz i can carry 5-6 books in a small floppy.
    btw my favorites
    erich segal (want some e books of this writer anyone plz...?)
    v s naipaul
    ayn rand .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast