Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

restore library settings to default in Windows 7?

Customize Desktop

Old 15-12-2014

restore library settings to default in Windows 7?

I am running Windows 7 on my pc and some hours before I was playing with the libraries settings and I actually removed and added a few things in it. Since then my pictures and music library both look different than they used to look. There seems to be a useless dropdown menu which is cluttering the screen. I have already tried checking the settings and restoring the library settings to default but I am not able to get my libraries to look like a regular folder again. So, can anyone help me getting the original things back. Thanks

Old 16-12-2014

Re: restore library settings to default in Windows 7?

You should not try to drag that folder into your user folder because once you have done that then you are going to mess up the symbolic links for those types. Instead of that you can try to click on Group by > none to not have your library grouped into that view. Just open the Library folder that you want to change the Arrange by view of files in. After that click on View menu bar item and choose Arrange by and select the option for how you want the library folder files to be arranged.
Old 17-12-2014

You can easily try to restore default Libraries by using the Restore Default Libaries. To do that first of all open Windows Explorer. After that right click or press and hold on libraries in the navigation pane and then click on Restore Default Libraries. You can even click on the Arrange by toolbar option and choose Arrange by and the drop down menu option for how you want the library folder files to appear.
Old 18-12-2014

If nothing is working for you then you can try to do a System Restore in Windows 7 to get back to the original settings. To do that open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...s-and-settings

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,