Thread: How to enable Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

How to enable Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

When I was running Windows 8 on my computer then I was able to use the Aero Glass on this operating system without any issues. But recently I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 pro 64bit and am trying to look for a way to enable this feature but I cannot find it anywhere? Does this really mean that this feature is not for Windows 8.1? I have already tried to find some tutorials for enabling this option but cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me whether there is any way to enable it without installing any kind of third party program? Thanks

Re: How to enable Aero Glass in Windows 8.1

Yes, you are absolutely right, the aero glass works in the Windows 8 release preview only and it has been long outdated now. This feature has been removed in the final version of the operating system. So, it will not work in the latest OS. You can only set the Color Intensity now and not the transparency from way your showed in Windows 8. Some minimal changes you will be able to see in the Windows borders and taskbar only.

I dont think that latest operating system's like Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 preview support Aero Glass at all. You are only limited to use some third party software that can add this feature but it is essentially some kind of hack using the unsupported steps which Microsoft has warned developers not to use from quite some time now. Note that after you do a Windows Update in your pc then this feature will break and there will be too many problems in your system.

There is an Aero Glass available for Windows 8.1 but that program is kind of different than the Aero Glass for Windows 8, since all glass code is now removed from Windows 8.1. You can download this Aero glass for Windows 8.1 by going on to the website called glass8.eu. You can also find several beta version of the small application to change several parameters to this Aero Glass from the same website.