Thread: getting classic color scheme windows 8

getting classic color scheme windows 8

When I was using Windows XP previously, then I was able to see a difference between dialog background and input fields. Normally the previous ones were kind of gray and the later one was in white. But after upgrading to Windows 8 I am not able to see any option to change these 2 colors whenever I want? Can anyone tell me if there is any method to change it to that old look? Or else if there is any existing theme that can give me back the old look of classic color? Thanks for any help.

Re: getting classic color scheme windows 8

When you are on desktop, then open the Charms bar by clicking on the Settings charm and then click on Personalization. Now click on Color Button at the bottom and check what themes you are using. Incase you are using Windows Default theme then try to choose a specific color option you want or else choose the Automatic option to have a color chosen automatically based on the desktop background colors. Once you are finished then click on Save changes button and close the Personalization window.

Have you checked the Deviantart website, there is a "Windows Classic Theme for Windows 8 RTM" available on the same website that you can download and test it on your Windows 8 pc. After checking it out, I found it way better than the available default themes but I dont know whether you are looking for the same or not. Anyways, you can surely try to test it out on your Windows 8 computer and see for yourself, go to this link to get it -
    http://kizo2703.deviantart.com/art/W...-RTM-325642288

You can try to enable hidden Aero Lite theme in your Windows 8 computer and see if that helps. First of all, you need to go to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and copy the aero.theme file to your desktop. After that open the same file in Notepad. Once you open it, then check for a line called DisplayName. Try to change the text after = to "Aero Lite". Also, at the end of the file you will find VisualStyles. Similarly change Aero.mystyles to Aerolite.msstyles. Now save the file and copy it in this folder - C:\Windows\Resources\Themes. After that go to Desktop and right click to get Personalize and check the file under Installed Themes to activate the Aero Lite Theme.