Thread: Core temp gadget needed

Core temp gadget needed

I am running Windows 7 and I am currently searching for a core-temperature gadget for my operating system. At this moment, I am using the Core Temp application but it is showing multiple cores like multiple icons in system-tray. And the other one, which is a window on desktop, is very large. Also if I am closing this Core Temp software window then it closes CoreTemp all together. So, I am looking for an alternative software which is easy to operate. Thanks for any help

Re: Core temp gadget needed

Have you tried to test an application called All CPU Meter. It is a gadget that appears anywhere on your screen which tells you the time in real time using your RAM but also and especially the use of your processor. All CPU Meter is suitable for all types of processors, including the most recent, those with the increased core. You will see the use of each of the cores in a bright and colorful graphics. The overall CPU usage is displayed on All CPU Meter and every core sees its percentage of use posted at its side.

There is another tool called Speecy by Piriform which I use extensively on my pc. It is a nice program to check different items on your pc and when you go under CPU then it wil also report the temperatures. Speccy will let you know the following characteristics on your computer: CPU, RAM, hard disk, motherboard, graphics card, display, detachable audio support, operating system, etc. The advanced users will benefit from many detailed information about the components of their machines information as well.

Speedfan shows various temps and compresses to a small box with the selected temp always showing.

You can also check that in CoreTemp software. First you will have to launch it and then display the window onto your desktop. After that click Options > Settings and then go to System Tray tab. Now you need to select the radio button marked as "Highest Temperature", just click on Apply and then click ok. Do not yet close CoreTemp program but instead minimize it. Now you can customize your System Tray icons so that CoreTemp is set to "Show Icon and Notifications". Now your temperature will show in the systray.