Thread: How to get rid of dotted focus rectangle around Icons

How to get rid of dotted focus rectangle around Icons

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and I have a request from me to all. I am looking for a way to remove any dotted line, focus rectangle from the system but according to my choice. The problem is that I am using a third party application for modelling and photo editing and they seem to be appearing there. So, I need some information on how to remove all these focus rectangle from me system. If there is any third party tool then please let me know about it asap. Thanks

Re: How to get rid of dotted focus rectangle around Icons

There is a Focus Rectangle Remover.zip file that you can search from google and download it on your computer. With the help of this small dll file you can remove the Focus Rectangle quite easily. First download it and then put the RemoveFocusRect dll file in your system32 directory. After that click Start and then in Search type regsvr32 RemoveFocusRect.dll and press ok. Now, whenever you start a program then it will not have focus rectangles on your system.

There is another tool called Focus Rectangle Remover that you can download from the Neowin website. It is a tool to remove Focus Rectangle from icons in Windows 7 operating system. You just have to use administrator priviledges while running whatever is in the same file. First, of all download the file which will be in zip format. After that unpack it using winrar and then double click on x86 setup or whatever files included in the archive. Now restart your pc to take effect.

There is also an easy and simply solution to solve this problem without anyone having to download any kind of tools to get rid of the Focus Rectangle around icons. You also need not have to log off or restart your computer. All you need to do is simply go to your desktop and press alt+escape. After that, it should remove all the dotted outline which occurs by using the keyboard navigation. This is all you have to do to solve this annoying problem and nothing else.