Thread: Gadgets corrupted after installing Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7

Gadgets corrupted after installing Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 in my computer and have recently installed Internet Explorer 7 on my system. Soon after the browser installation the Sidebar Gadgets became transparent and pink in color. I have already tried to stop and restart the Sidebar gadgets and have also disabled/emabled them many times but still the problem doesnt seem to go away? Does anyone know a solution for this problem except uninstalling Internet Explorer 11 from my computer? Thanks

Re: Gadgets corrupted after installing Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7

I think that you should need to know that Gadgets have been discontinued by microsoft. Gadgets are no longer available on our website because the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 and Windows Vista has serious vulnerabilities. Microsoft has retired the feature in newer releases of Windows. Gadgets could be exploited to harm your computer, access your computer's files, show you objectionable content, or change their behavior at any time. For more information see this official statement - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/gadgets

Can you try to run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files and see if that works. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

This issue is caused by the DPI settings of the PC. The gadgets usually dont appear properly if the DPI value is set above 100%. To solve this issue you can try to use a custom value of 110% or less and gadgets will seem to appear properly. The main reason for this issue is because the default gadgets in Windows 7 have a DPI-locking tag. So, either try to set the DPI value to 100% 110% or else you will need to have some basic XML editing skills to solve this issue. I would rather say that use the first method only.