Thread: How to add a live clock on Windows 8 Desktop background

How to add a live clock on Windows 8 Desktop background

Is it possible to add a live cock on Windows 8 Desktop background. I want to configure a clock so that when go on the desktop it can show me the latest time. I had tried finding out some software. But I can only get clock wallpapers. I want a live clock which can show me the current time and if possible the date also with month. But with nice animation effects. I do not want a static kind of clock. I am quiet sure there must be something which I am not able to locate.

Re: How to add a live clock on Windows 8 Desktop background

You can use Rainmeter for the same. It is a tiny desktop customization software through which you can get a clock on your screen. It is very light and it does not freeze your system. It works well with all systems. You have ample of different choices to download the best addon for your home-screen. And you can completely modify your desktop. Just go on the official site and download the same. And then add different things you want. It has many tiny clock widgets in different formats.

For adding a live clock type of thing you need something like a live wallpaper. And this will slow down your pc. I think Dreamscene is the one that can help you to get that effect. It is a third party app which run live wallpaper on your screen. And it is also quiet heavy for system ram to manage. IF you are having ram more than 4GB then it will work fine. It has various choices to select wallpapers and add nice effects. Just test this. If the system slow down then remove the same.

You dont have to do much here. Download and install Dexclock on your system. It is a tiny lightweight tool that can help you to have live clock wallpaper. The size is around 5mb and a clock wallpaper can be around 3mb. So it is light for your system ram. You have very few choices here but it is amazing. You can add various clock images on the same and enjoy a great output. It is a free software. If you need good clock design then checkout the same on vladstudio.