Thread: How to increase items and text size in Windows 8.1

How to increase items and text size in Windows 8.1

My cousin has a poor vision and sees most of the things 40% smaller than its real size. So, I was looking for some way to increase the size of the text on Windows menus and some items in Windows Live Mail. If the icons and text on the taskbar can be made larger then it will be also good. If there are any software to do this then please let me know about it or else you can even tell me a step by step manual method. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to increase items and text size in Windows 8.1

All you need to do is first go to Start and then type DPI and press Enter key. After that click on Make Text Larger and then set it to 150% or else you can atleast change it to 125% if you have a very small screen. Once you have applied the settings, save it and then restart your computer. After that check to see larger text on your desktop. If that doesnt work then your Windows edition might be different or else there could be some other settings in your computer.

The below is the setting for Windows 7 which will also work for Windows 8, try it and let me know if it works for you:
    1. Using the left click of the mouse, click on an empty area in the desktop. This step is to make sure that there is no application selected/clicked on.
    2. Using your keyboard, press and keep holding the CTRL button, then using your mouse wheel, roll it upward to make the icons size larger, or downward to set the icon size smaller

For more information, visit this website - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...cons-size.aspx

To make the text on your screen larger or smaller, follow the below steps:

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
    2. Choose one of the following:
      1. Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.
      2. Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.
      3. Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.
    3. Click Apply.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...or-smaller?v=t