Thread: Windows 8.1 Glass Theme download

Windows 8.1 Glass Theme download

I am trying to download and install a Glass Theme on my newly updated Windows 8.1 operating system. I have read that if we update to this latest operating system of Windows 8 then the Aero Visual Style is not present in the same. I have also tried to find some third party glass themes on the internet but cannot find anything? Can anyone tell me if there is some similar themes available for this OS? Thank you

Re: Windows 8.1 Glass Theme download

There were many people who were frustrated because of the disappearance of the sleek and transparent glassy look of Windows 7 on Windows 8 that was missing and it was replaced with the flat, opaque colors that looked really dull. But there was a developer called BigMuscle who was able to bring back the Aero Glass for the Windows 8 operating system. Just search and download the Aero Glass for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 on google and install it in your pc.

Note that if you download and install the Aero glass on your Windows 8.1 OS then it will only give you back glass effects and not the Windows Aero visual style, so to bring it back follow the given steps. You need to donwload the proper visual style from this link. After downloading it you need to extract the file and you will get all the instructions on how to install the theme. You can also load theme resources which is included in Aero Glass, so for that, you can download some theme resources from this website.

Incase you are using a Classic Shell on Windows 8.1 which is the suggested premium Start Menu of choice, then you will have to open Classic Start Menu settings and search for a setting called Enable Aero Glass which requires Aero Glass mod on the Menu Look tab. Just try to turn it on and then click ok. Now from the skin tab, you can use the Windows Aero Skin. Also if StartIsBack is used then installing the visual styles mentioned above is alright to get glass working.