Thread: Does replacing explorer.exe with cmd will help to increase windows performance

Does replacing explorer.exe with cmd will help to increase windows performance

I am not able to understand why my system is working so slow. It takes a long time to open any application and work on it. The system lags a lot. And sometime in between explorer.exe crashes. I want to know one thing. What if I only use CMD to launch programs or application and a third party file manager. Will this make my system work faster. I am quiet use to commands. I think Explorer.exe is using too much ram.

Re: Does replacing explorer.exe with cmd will help to increase windows performance

It will be complicated for you to use windows if you do not use explorer.exe. To boost the system output you can disable unnecessary things. Like turning off windows aero theme and switching to a very basic one. In the same way remove programs which are not required in your pc. Go on msconfig and configure the startup. This will make your device to perform a lot more better than any other.

Re: Does replacing explorer.exe with cmd will help to increase windows performance

Launch Task Manager and go in performance. Check in that how much ram and cpu is utilized in your system. If the ram usage is high then your system has a virus issue. You have to scan your pc in safe mode which will help you more in fixing the issue. If explorer.exe is using 100% of processor power then it is a big virus issue. Backup your data and format you pc. Replacing explorer.exe will not help you to boost the output.