Thread: hot corners in Windows 7

hot corners in Windows 7

Can anyone tell me whether there is any best software that can give Windows 7 the hot corners function. What I am trying to say is if I am moving the mouse to a corner of the screen then an action must be performed. I am looking for this function for 3 corners of my screen same to same like the Aero Peek? Can anyone tell me if there is any software to do such thing or else if this can be done manually without any programs. Thanks for any help.

Re: hot corners in Windows 7

There is a program called HOT CORNERS which lets you quickly activate or disable your screen saver by moving the mouse into any corner of the screen that you set and you can also get it easily by searching on the net. This is especially useful when you need to leave your computer for a brief period, but do not want anyone to access it. Hot corners is very customizable and even lets you control the characteristics of your monitor energy saving.

You can also get SmallWindows which is a little intrusive utility that allows you to view all of the windows on the desktop or to hide them with simple keystrokes. SmallWindows allows you to reduce the size of all open windows, for example, so that you see everything at the same time on your desktop. Just select one with the mouse to bring it forward. Another function allows you to do the same thing, but only in the case of multiple windows of the same program.

There is another tool called Switcher which is a Windows program that mimics the functionality of the program called Expose for Mac. With this program you can see the windows of the applications that are running by moving the mouse pointer to a corner of the screen. Windows have a label, a background color and a border. Thanks to the label, you can view information about the running including the number of shortcuts to select the window, the name of the process and the percentage of memory usage.