Thread: How to make taskbar 100% transparent in Windows 8

How to make taskbar 100% transparent in Windows 8

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and was thinking to change the taskbar to 100% transparent on this operating system and keep the icons untouched. I also want to know a way on how to remove the white color that is behind all the icons on the taskbar when they are all open? I have tried many options like disabling Aero settings but still it doesnt work. Can anyone tell me how do I do this? Thanks

Re: How to make taskbar 100% transparent in Windows 8

Once you have Aero disabled then you wont be able to adjust the taskbar transparency manually which was done in the past. You should rather turn it off but you cant. There are some themes with me that make the taskbar transparent and it was just a solid color. So, to solve it I have to modify each theme. Now in every week or so I switch to a new theme. And to do this you will have to install a third party theming software or so.

To make the Taskbar completely transparent you need to right click on desktop and click on Personalize. After that scroll down and select the High Contrast Black Theme. Now click the color section below of the Personalization screen and leave the same window open. Now right click on the desktop and click on Personalize again. Go to the Windows theme which is under Windows Default Themes. Now you need to close this Window and return back to the previous Personalize window that you left opened. Lastly click on save changes and then your taskbar will be completely transparent now.

You can also download Aviassin's Taskbar Eliminator software which allows you to hide the taskbar of the Windows without make it to appear when your cursor is at the bottom of your screen. Enabling or disabling the taskbar is done by a simple key combination of Alt + T. It is a very A simple solution that replaces the function of hiding the Windows taskbar. This program comes for free and you can easily download it by searching it from the internet.