Thread: Windows 8 freezing after adding Rocketdock

Windows 8 freezing after adding Rocketdock

I am using Rocketdock from long time. I was using this on XP and then on Windows 7. Now I have a Windows 8 system at my home. The pc works fine. I did not like the Metroi UI thing on it. It is very annoying and slow. I installed Rocketdock on it and after that the system is freezing. Applications take long time to open up. I cannot access anything. There is no respond when I click on any icon inside RocketDock.

Re: Windows 8 freezing after adding Rocketdock

Looks like you are trying to install a outdated version on your system due to which you are getting that problem. You have to find the latest version and test out. That will be enough to fix the issue. I do not think RocketDock is available for Windows 8. Try to check the same on the official website and see whether you are able to get a valid version or not. If this does not work then just remove it and test back.

First you have to go ahead with system restore. Because that will restore the old settings through which you can get the system as it was before. Then if you need a launcher try to find something which is compatible with Windows 8. Do not just add anything. Compare to Windows 7, Windows 8 has very less stuff for customization. You cannot enable or disable stuffs in it. I am also looking for removing the Metro UI but cannot find anything for that.

RocketDock is available for Windows 8. I am using this from long time and it works nicely. Windows 8 does not has a start menu. I had added all my shortcuts on RocketDock and they work fine. This is one of the most popular launcher. I think you are not having the right version. Go on the official site and download a new edition and test back. I think that will be quiet enough to fix the issue.