Thread: Windows 8 crashing after using Windows Blind on it

Windows 8 crashing after using Windows Blind on it

I am facing a bit problem with using Windows Blind. It is a nice tool through which I can apply different skins. I was using this on Windows 7 and it never created any problem. But now when I am trying to run the same on Windows 8 it is crashing. It does not give me the kind of output I am loosing for. It is also very slow. Does Windows Blind does not support Windows 8 or there is some kind of other issue. What can I do to fix the problem. I need some help on it.

Re: Windows 8 crashing after using Windows Blind on it

I will not recommend you to use any third party customization application on Windows 8. I had also tried to install fences on it but it failed. It looks Windows 8 does not has any specific support for customizing and making it better in terms of look.

There can be problem with the tool you are using or your system hardware is low to run it properly. If you are using heavy customization then it is recommended that you must have atleast 2GB of ram and a good gpu in your system. Windows 8 itself is a bit heavy software which does not work properly on low hardware. And above that you are trying to add customization. So it is better first you check your system requirement. If you have only 1GB of ram in your pc then increase the same to 2GB. And also it is necessary that you must have atleast 512MB of dedicated video memory. Which can deliver proper graphical output. You can still try some other customization tools and test whether they are working fine or not.

I am using Rain meter. I think there is nothing lighter than this. The tool is simple is to use and has smart customization option. It is very light and capable of giving you good graphical output. You can test this out once.