Thread: Tool to customize Windows 7 desktop widget

Tool to customize Windows 7 desktop widget

How to custom Windows 7 desktop widget. I am looking for some software through which I can make them smaller or bigger as per my need. Most of them are in fixed width and size. I want some way through which I can decorate my desktop and make it more attractive. When I went on web to find similar software I can only get customization tools or additional widgets. But I cannot find a tool through which I can edit existing widgets. Like the wall clock.

Re: Tool to customize Windows 7 desktop widget

You cannot edit those widget. They remain intact. You can try to get some different tool that offer more desktop widget and option to customize the same. You can try to download some customization tools that can help you to tweak windows theme.

If you need something for Windows 7 widgets only then you can go ahead with XWidget. This is a smart tool through which you can customize the desktop widget as per your need. It is a free tool and offer you more additional widgets to be installed on your system. You can add widgets that can give you information related to stock price, news heading, or any other images. You can add slideshow and video also. The tool is actually a kind of widget designer. Through this you can modify the size of widget, you can change the color, change it action and also put your own properties. So this is quiet easy. It has a different configuration screen and a advance option panel from where you can do many things I will recommend you to test this tool once on your system. And see whether you are able to completely customize the widget or not.

The regular desktop customization thing in Windows 7 is boring. So I had downloaded and installed Rain-meter. This is amazing customization software that add lightweight effect on the desktop. It works really well.