Thread: how to change taskbar color in Windows 8.1

how to change taskbar color in Windows 8.1

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Previously in Windows 8 I was able to change the color of the Taskbar by opening the registry editor and then going to this registry key - hkey_current_user software/microsoft/windows/dwm and changing enablewindowcolorisation value from 1 to 0. But in Windows 8.1 the same thing will not work? So is there any other method to do this? Thanks

Re: how to change taskbar color in Windows 8.1

Have you tried going into Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Color and Appearance and there at the top side you can see that there is an option to change the color of your Windows borders and taskbar. Just choose the color and the taskbar will be visible in that color, there is no need to do registry hacks and all.

I was able to find a simple theme that I am including in the below attachment. In the zip file you will find UXTheme patcher which is needed to be patched before applying the theme. After that restart your computer and then copy the there to this location - C:WindowsResourcesThemes and then apply it. There might be some issued with it but you can try it if you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Incase you are looking for a skin that has an easy to use installer for Windows 8.1 operating system that will automatically match taskbar color with Start menu color and also set the trasparency or opaque as well then you will need to download the Winaero Skin 2.0 by searching it from google. It is a very small application for the customization of Windows 8.1

Yeah friend i have windows vista home basic... i was wondering how i can change my taskbar color. Same PROBLEM..!

Quote Originally Posted by badra100 View Post
    Yeah friend i have windows vista home basic... i was wondering how i can change my taskbar color. Same PROBLEM..!
    First of turn on Aero and after that right click on your desktop and click Personalize. After that click on Theme tab and then choose Windows Aero from the drop down menu at the top and then press ok. Now reboot Vista and then upon boot you will see the new Aero theme and new look to all aspects of Vista including your Start menu and taskbar. Now click on Start and then go to Control Panel and then click on Appearance and Personalization. After that in the new window select Personalization tab and then click Window Color and Appearance. Now choose the color that you want to use for the taskbar and press ok.

Actually you can change the color of taskbar through altering a new desktop wallpaper.