Thread: is there any alternative to start menu in Windows 7

is there any alternative to start menu in Windows 7

I am looking for an altenative to Start Menu for my Windows 7 operating system. I want it to be good looking and with a mixture of colors. I acutally dont have any problems with the Start Menu of Windows 7 but it seems to be boring to watch and kind of dull as well. I have tried searching for some good Start Menu alternatives but cannot find any, so if you can help me then it will be good. Thank you

Re: is there any alternative to start menu in Windows 7

I am using the Vista Start menu for quite sometime and it is really a good alternative to the Windows 7 Start Menu. Vista start menu users the visual memory, reflexes, etc. It is really very easy to be understandable for beginners and very highly efficient for experienced users. You can download this start menu by searching it on google.

I have found Winstep Xtreme 12.2 that lets us to modify a lot of things. It changes your desktop as well and also organizes the applications that is installed in your pc and reduces desktop clutter. It brings the Nexus Ultimate system WorkShelf, versatile tabbed dock; NextSTART - a bar improved system tasks Winstep Start Menu Organizer; FontBrowser, and much more. It also has a wide variety of desktop widgets such as weather monitors, system counters, and time/date box.

I would recommend you to go with Start Menu Reviver which offers a "Modern" look, even on the desktop. On the other hand it adds many features. The parameters of the software accessible via a right-click button are also well provided. It can be installed on Windows 7 or Windows 8. In addition, Start Menu Reviver can be used on touch screens as well: you can add, delete or move fingertips icons.