Thread: How to customize Windows 8 desktop

How to customize Windows 8 desktop

Through which tool I can completely customize Windows 8. I am looking for a full option through which I can modify the existing look. I am unable to find anything that really works well. I tried search on web. Many says that it is not possible to customize due to a new UI. This thing was so much easy on Windows 7. But after upgrading to Windows 8 this possibilities are removed.

Re: How to customize Windows 8 desktop

There is no way to do that. When Microsoft introduced the new Windows 8 interface it removed all the possibility of theming it. This made it limited and due to which you cannot make changes. And whatever tool you find on the web are usually for theming the icons.

There is no tool for the same. You have to do everything manually one by one. If you try to do the through a software you might messup with the settings. If you really want to customize then you have to go with manual settings one by one. You will have to first add a wallpaper back, you can add some widgets then you can configure the taskbar to hide. This are the only things you can do. But there is no way to remove the Metro UI. I had tried that and I had tested software also. But none of them worked. Many promise to give you a complete new look but the scenario here is entirely different. I hope there will be some good tool coming up in the future through which we can go ahead with the customization stuff. But rightnow you have to stick with the existing interface only.

Windows 8 has got a new update. It is 8.1. In the regular one you do not had option to add your own lockscreen. But if you upgrade to Windows 8.1 you can modify that. In the new update you have some customization option that you can try out.