Thread: drop shadows in Windows 8.1 preview disabling

drop shadows in Windows 8.1 preview disabling

Previously in Windows 8 it was possible to disable drops shadows for desktop icons. But now I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 preview and I am not able to disable drop shadows for desktop icons through control panel. I think that there could be a bug in Windows 8.1 preview and therefore it is not working properly. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: drop shadows in Windows 8.1 preview disabling

There is a tool called Iconoid that can disable drop shadows on icons. It is a software that allows you to hide your icons when your cursor does not have any active movements. You can also set yourself the amount of time it takes for your cursor to disappear from the screen. On the other hand, Iconoid gives you the possibility to choose the color for the text icon or to let it automatically select the most appropriate color and minimize all windows to make room for your desktop wallpaper.

There is an easy way to do it. You just need to press Win+X keys on your keyboard and then press Y to open the Control Panel. After that go to the System Settings that you can see at the left side of the screen. After that click on the first settings button and then disable the drop shadows for Windows. Hope this helps

You have to press the Windows+E keys and open Windows Explorer. After that right click on Computer and choose Properties from the context menu. You will now have to click on the Advanced system settings link at the left side and then under Performance section, click on the Settings button. Now here you will have to disable the Shadows under your mouse pointer and then click apply and then ok.