Thread: Aero theme stuck on Basic in Windows 7

Aero theme stuck on Basic in Windows 7

I was easily able to change and modify themes when I installed Windows 7 on it. But now I cannot figure out why the themes are stuck on Windows Basic and wont let me to change it to any Aero themes. After testing with some program I came to know that this problem is happening due to mirror drivers from remote desktop installed on my computer. But I dont think this was an issue since I installed these programs after the problem appeared. Please help me, thanks.

Re: Aero theme stuck on Basic in Windows 7

Can you tell us whether you want to use the Windows built in Aero themes or some other third party themes? Are you able to see the Aero themes in the personalization option? What you can do to correct this issue is try and run the System file checker that will find and correct any corrupt files in the customizations area with their default settings. Just click on Start and then in the search bar type cmd and open it. After that copy this text and press enter - SFC /SCANNOW

If the above doesnt solve your issue then try to click on Start button and then type Services in the Search Box and then click on services and scroll down until you see the Desktop Windows Manager Sessions Manager. Now select it and then click on the Stop Text and it will stop. After that you have to click on Start text and then check if that works. In this time the screen may flicker once or twice.

Can you try to download and apply a theme patch from StardockMyColors and see if that works. After that try to refresh the Windows Experience Index and see if that works. To do the same, open Control panel and then go to Performance Information > Tools icon. After that click on Rate this computer button and then re-run the assessment link or try to Refresh Now button. After some time it will be finished and you will see the updated WEI base score.