Thread: how to change my FN keys of laptop

how to change my FN keys of laptop

I am using an old Toshiba laptop and I want to change the FN keys when I use it on my laptop. For changing the brightness I usually press F2 or F3 but for that I have to hold the FN keys as well. I dont like to go down and reach out for this function keys every now and then which irritates me. So does anyone know if I can change the FN key? TIA

Re: how to change my FN keys of laptop

Have you checked in the BIOS settings whether there is an option to change the FN key to something else? If you cannot find it in the bios settings then check the system settings in your toshiba laptop that might have a keyboard tab which will let you to change between the Function keys. Some laptop have it in the Bios setting while others dont.

I was searching a way to solve this similar problem and after some research I went into the Bios setting and found a Control Key options. It was enabled by default. After disabling it and logging in to the desktop I dont have to use the FN keys anymore to use the F1 or F2 keys shortcut. This function key is now working for sound, display kind of settings on those keys.

On my laptop, I went into the BIOS using the F10 key and then selected the option for System Configuration. After that in the same settings I found an option called Action Mode keys, I just simply enabled it and then saved the changes and exited the bios screen. After I booted my pc I was able to lock the FN key in my laptop with ease. Hope this helps.