Thread: Windows 8 Sidebar Gadgets

Windows 8 Sidebar Gadgets

two days i successfully updated my Windows 7 desktop to Windows 8 Pro. This is the first time i am using new Windows 8, i liked the new features and user interface (though it will take time to learn). Though the only problem i am facing is the missing Sidebar gadgets. I use to have several important gadgets on my desktop which are useful for my work but it seems like there is no option for the same in windows 8. I searched all desktop settings and customizations but didn't found anything related to desktop gadgets.

Isn't it possible to get the sidebar on my Windows 8 as well? No matter if it can be done using 3rd Party App, please let me know soon. If possible also provide direct download link. Many thanks.

Re: Windows 8 Sidebar Gadgets

Yes, it is possible. However there is no built-in option provided for the same in Windows 8, but you can get the sidebar using third party applications like 8GadgetPack. It is a free application that provides you 7 sidebars with gadgets like CPU meter, App Launcher, Calendar, Digiclock, and more. This is how your desktop looks like:

If you want you can download 8GadgetPack from here.

Thank you Maq.h, that’s exactly what I was looking for. I installed it on my system and really looks great. However the gadgets seems to be very few in numbers. It would have been better if they have provided more widgets.

Help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahas View Post
    However the gadgets seems to be very few in numbers. It would have been better if they have provided more widgets.
    There is a better alternate known as “Thoosje Windows Sidebar 8”. This is what I am using on my Windows 8 laptop since past 6 months, never had resource or high memory consumption problem. Compared to 8GadgetPack, I found it much better as it offers 14 Built in resizable Gadgets, Multiple screen support, you can even Importing/Exporting Gadgets from other system, 8 sidebar backgrounds, and more. The feature list goes on. Have a look at the sidebar shown in this screenshot:

Even Thoosje Windows Sidebar 8 is a free application which can be downloaded from here.