Thread: unable to change Desktop Background of windows 8

unable to change Desktop Background of windows 8

I am running Windows 8 on my computer and I am not able to change the desktop background on my system. I have checked everywhere on the net for a solution but it is just asking me to "Activate Windows 8", even though my Windows 8 copy is activated. If I am trying to go into the Personalize window and click the option to change the background the pictures do not change. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: unable to change Desktop Background of windows 8

Well, have you checked properly after closing and re-opening the your Windows system or have you even tried to sign out and then sing in back again and checked if it is allowing you to change the background images? If you still face the issue, then you can try to run "sfc /scannow" command and see if that helps you out for a corrupt system file if you have?

I just checked for some different approach to solve this issue. And I was able to find somethings where i was able to change the themes after following some steps. You can try to copy and paste the below path into the run box and then press ok:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\

After you got that path, just try to delete or rename the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file and then try to change your theme again. Just try to follow this and let us know if this works for you.

Can you check whether you have any other files, like for example some videos, that are saved in the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows folder other than the images? You can try to do some testing by clearing the thumbnail cache to see if there could be an problem with loading the images of the files. To do the same, open Disk Cleanup and then check the Thumbnails Box and click on OK. After that click on the Delete Files button and then disk cleanup will clear all the thumbnail cache.