Thread: Windows 7 desktop gadgets for Windows 8.1

Windows 7 desktop gadgets for Windows 8.1

Hope i am posting this in right section. I am having a self assembled desktop computer which was earlier running with Windows 7. Two days ago i upgraded the same to Windows 8.1 Preview to test out the feature before the final version gets released so that i can buy it. So far it seems good in features and all. The only thing i require is the desktop and sidebar gadgets that we use to have in our Windows 7 systems.

I need those gadgets as they are very useful for the work i do but in this 8.1 preview there doesn't seems to be any support for gadgets. Is it possible using any registry tweaks or such thing that we can enable gadgets? Also are there any gadget available for 8.1?

Re: Windows 7 desktop gadgets for Windows 8.1

Why to mess up with registries if you can do it easily using third party tool. Yeah, you can do this easily using a tool called "Desktop gadgets and sidebar for Windows 8.1" from Aero Desktops. Hope you are aware of this name, they have provided many such useful gadget tools for windows in past. See the screenshot of gadgets on Windows 8.1:

Help appreciated Maq.h, thats what i wanted. Actually i installed it 2 days ago and since them i am searching for whether widget. Though this software provides sidebar useful gadgets but there is nothing provided for weather and it is also required for me. I did searched on web but didn't found any.

Hope you might be knowing any source from where i can get weather as well for the win 8.1. Thanks again.

I hope you know that Windows 8.1 Preview itself comes by default with built-in weather app on its Metro Screen, they why do you need any third party widget for the same. Anyways, if you still looking for the same, then download one from here: Weather Widget for 8.1 Preview. http://addgadgets.com/download/Weather_Meter.zip Simply extract and double click to install. Then right click on desktop and select widget.