Thread: unable to get back to original theme in Windows 7

unable to get back to original theme in Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and after install the Static 2 theme, I am not able to get back to my original theme that I was previously using on Windows 7. I have tried to delete it from the personalisation menu, but still the icons on my desktop wont change and remains the same what these theme changed it to. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: unable to get back to original theme in Windows 7

Have you tried to use the System File Checker tool to see which software is causing the problem? To do the same, first open an elevated command prompt by clicking on start and then all program and the click accessories and then right click on Command Prompt and then click run as admin. After that type "sfc /scannow" without quotes in the command prompt and then press Enter. This command will scan all the protected system files and then it will replace the improper version with correct microsoft versions. Now try to change the theme and see if it works.

Since you are facing a problem with Icons that are not changing then I would urge you to download bat file to rebuild icon cache from here. After downloading it, double click to run it and then click on run when it prompts you. Now, just follow the instructions given in the cmd to rebuild icon cache. After you are done, reboot your pc to get a new IconCache.db file.

There is also an icon pack to get back your Windows 7 icons to their default icons that you can download it from here. But before running it, you need to disable the User Account Control when you are trying to install or uninstall the icon pack. For more information you can go to this website - http://cutechinu.deviantart.com/art/...ller-172658101