Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-07-2013

How to add clock on desktop background

Is there a way by which I can add a clock on my desktop background. I want to embeds it like a wallpaper so that it looks more realistic. I tried to find the wallpapers but I can just find images. I want a working clock. I think gif files might work on it. I tried adding them also as a wallpaper but nothing happened. I am using Windows 7 here.
Old 16-07-2013

Re: How to add clock on desktop background

For that you will need to download animated wallpaper. You can find that on Google. It is more better to use a watch widget on the screen. It is lightweight and comes with Windows 7. You just have to enable side bar.
Old 16-07-2013

You can use Dreamscene. It offers you a set of animated wallpaper that you can dd on your desktop. But it will make your system extremely slow. You cannot do anything in that. Animated wallpapers are resource intensive. The best thing here you can do is download tiny widgets which will work fine and has no issue at all with the performance. Windows 7 customization does not supports animated pictures. Due to which you will need to use a third party software. There are ample of them available among dreamscene is the best one. If you are having around 4GB of ram, a Core 2 Duo type processor and atleast 1GB graphic card then it will work really fine in your system. Or else if your system is more lower then it will not work. It is complicated to run the same on it.
Old 18-07-2013

Go for widgets they are too fine and work well in the background. Or else if you go for Dreamscene your system output will be reduced and it will work more slower. I will not advice you to go with dreamscene.
Old 18-07-2013

There is a lightweight solution available if you only want clock. You can add a big size clock on your desktop with some additional stuff. This is same like adding widgets but it is extremely lightweight. Go on Google and download Rainmeter. This is a tiny app that comes with different add-ons through which you can simply make your desktop look more impressive. They are quiet light on memory also. They work on tiny ini files which are editable. You can make changes as per your need. Rainmeter offers you a various set of skins and addons that allows you to hook calender, clocks and different system updates tools on the screen.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , , ,