Thread: can we change bluetooth system tray icon in windows 7

can we change bluetooth system tray icon in windows 7

HI,

I have a very small question, hope you guys can help me out. This is a Sony VAIO laptop with windows 7 64bit having built-in wireless adapter. I always keep by system tray icon clean only with the Time and Volume icons but this Bluetooth icons keep appearing even though when bluetooth is turned off. Also i am not able to hide it. So i wanted to know if there is any way we can hide or atleast change the default white bluetooth icon? If yes, please let me know how?

Many thanks.

Re: can we change bluetooth system tray icon in windows 7

I have few confusions with your post. First, why dont you hide the icon completely by going to System Trays Customize Option, click the drop done associated to Bluetooth and select Hide icon and Notification. Save and OK. Doesn't it works?

Second confusion is whether you actually have the problem of icon not hiding or withe icon style of bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    Second confusion is whether you actually have the problem of icon not hiding or withe icon style of bluetooth?
    Actually i want to hide it but as it is not getting hidden (though i hide it from the customize option, it keeps popping up) i would like to change its icon tom something else so that it wont look ugly.

I don’t know how such a nice blue colored icon looks ugly in your system tray. Anyways, I don’t think there is any built-in way to change its icon but there is a tool called “Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer” which may help you out with this. You can download the same from here. It is just 500kb in size. I have used it once for changing my network icon, but I am not sure whether it also works with Bluetooth. You can give it a try though.

I appreciate your help buddy, but unfortunately that tool doesn’t works for Bluetooth. Infact you are only allowed to change Action Center, network and Volume icons. That’s it. No other icons are supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Infact you are only allowed to change Action Center, network and Volume icons. That’s it. No other icons are supported.
    There is also an another method for playing with icons using the registry editor but unfortunately, even registry allows you to change exactly those three icons. So I don’t think that will be easy for you. By the way, even I have Bluetooth on my PC but I can easily hide the Bluetooth icon in the customize option. I mean, it only comes visible when we click the arrow next to the network. Probably you might be doing something wrong.