Thread: change taskbar clock in Windows 8

change taskbar clock in Windows 8

I have recently started using Windows 8 on my computer and I am not able to find the setting to change the taskbar clock. In Windows XP, I was able to change the style of the clock on the OS, where I used to get lots of different options and styles to change the clock. So, does anyone know how to get a different style of Taskbar clock in Windows 8? Thanks.

Re: change taskbar clock in Windows 8

If you have the old version of Windows 8, then you can check for an option to disable Transparency but if you have the full version of Windows 8, then the same option was removed by Microsoft to make the settings simple and easy to use. You can try to use some mods for changing Windows 8 Taskbar clock that could be available for download, just search for it on the net.

I think that you can try to change the background of the taskbar clock, so that it can be visible more clearly. So to change the color and transparency of your taskbar clock, right click on the desktop and choose Personalize. After that click on Windows color that might be at the below side of the Window. Now, you can choose any dark color and then increase the color intensity to the maximum. Remember to also uncheck the box which is next to the option called enable transparency and then save the changes and click ok and you are done now.

You can download something like Atomic Alarm Clock which replaces the Windows very taskbar clock that is located at the bottom right side of the corner in the computer. It gives you many features such as different types of alarms, and will also play an MP3 of your choice. You can also customize the clock at your convenience through 130 skins that is available! It allows you to run a program, shutdown or restart your PC at a given time, and can also display system data such as the percentage of memory used.