Thread: Gadgets wont load when Windows 7 boots

Gadgets wont load when Windows 7 boots

I am having a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit operating system. I am using this computer since long time and never had any problem. Recently due to corruption of my HDD i bought new SSD and install the operating system from the same Win 7 installation dissk. Installation went fine without any problem and everything working good as well, except one thing. Desktop Gadgets.

I use to have few gadgets on my screen which are very helpful during my work. Now the problem is some times when i restart the computer they just wont load. For example, on first startup they load fine, but on next startup they wont load. Also when i right click on desktop and select gadget, the window just wont open at all. I dont know what is the problem. The only way to fix it is by restarting the computer again.

Any idea what and where is wrong? How can i fix it? Please help.

Re: Gadgets wont load when Windows 7 boots

Personally i haven't seen this problem ever hence dont have any personal experience but as far as i know about windows and gadgets functionality, the problem you mentioned above could be surely due to some services. But the gadgets are Windows Features, before playing with services i will suggest you to better try turning Gadgets Off and On from Windows Features. You can do this with the following steps:

• Go to Start, type "Add or Remove Programs", Click 'the relevant link from the results above.
    • In the opened window, click on "Turn Windows Features On or Off" from the left pane.
    • Uncheck the box for Windows gadget Platform and restart the computer.
    • See this image for reference:

• On next bootup, repeat the process, Check Mark Windows gadget Platform again and restart the computer now.

See if your gadgets appears properly.

Hello Gorochana, did you managed to fix the problem. If not, i got a better solution while trying to get rid of the same problem my system. I came across a Microsoft page that has the Hot Fix for fixing the gadgets problems on Windows 7. If you wan you can download the same from here: Gadgets intermittently do not start in Windows 7

I appreciate your help Acardi but I already fixed my problem using the steps provided by Maq.h above. I think there was some problem with the gadget’s service which got fixed by turning off and on back.

Thanks for the same Maq.

Hey guys I am looking for a similar help. Seems like there is something worse wrong with my system. Even my sidebar gadgets disappear every now and then. Only way to get them back on my system is reboot but they go away again after few minutes. I already tried both solutions provided above but none of them worked. Any idea what is wrong with my computer? Please help.

Most probably there would be some file corruption in your system files which is creating all these issues because the Fixit Provided Microsoft is enough to fix all kind of gadgets problem. If that didn’t helped you, you need to check your system files.

Better try running System File checker. You can do this by typing SFC /SCANNOW in command prompt as an Administrator followed by Enter. Let me know if you still get the same issue.

Thank you for the help buddy. I try doing this tonight and let you know if the problem still persists. 