Thread: RSS gadget for Windows 7

RSS gadget for Windows 7

Hello all.

I was wondering which RSS gadget is the best out there to be used? I have used some RSS gadget previously but that was not up to the mark. I am more interested in the informer gadget like Yahoo! and it should bring up a list of feeds when I mouse hover on the same gadget? Does anyone know from where I can get similar kind of gadget? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Re: RSS gadget for Windows 7

There are many similar type of widgets that you can get from the net. One such is called Informer Widget which is a widget that usually monitors your system resources (CPU usage, disk usage, memory usage, swap usage, system uptime, WiFi, battery life, Recycle Bin / trash) Internet resources (RSS feeds, mailboxes IMAP4/POP3 and Gmail Inbox), etc; and displays them on your desktop. You can also configure multiple monitors as well (useful for multiple Gmail accounts or RSS feeds).

I am using the Core Temp Gadget which will monitor the temperature of your CPU, load, frequency and VID settings. It will display a visual representation via a graph at the bottom of the gadget. From the settings you can set the zoom to change the size of the gadget. You can even show or hide the graphs and text fields as well.

Well, I am not really a fan for Windows Gadget. I think that it slows down the system and sometimes it will also cause some extra burden of system overhead that I dont want to do at all. Whenever I want I will start them up on my desktop but after 2-3 days they will all turn back off for no reason. So, I think that basically this gadgets are useless and you also get the risk of downloading a bad virus in your system.