Thread: Get Windows 7 look at Windows 8 desktop

Get Windows 7 look at Windows 8 desktop

I want to make my system look like Windows 8. I am having a Windows 7 laptop. I do not want to upgrade to Windows 8. There are ample of reasons for the same. The first is that there is a great difference between the interface and features and using Windows 8 directly is more confusing. I had tested that on my office system which makes it really complicated to use through that new UI. I need some way to add the same effect on Windows 7. So that I can get a bit use to the UI without upgrading.

Re: Get Windows 7 look at Windows 8 desktop

There are no possible options available by which you can have Windows 8 look on Windows 7. Somehow you will need to find proper theming files through which you can go with the customization stuff. You can try searching the same on Google and hope you can find some themes associated with Windows 8 look.

You need some kind of customization pack for the same. I did the same with my Windows XP system long before. There was a Vista customization pack which gives a complete look of Vista on XP. The internal structure lies the same but the layout, theme, icons, etc everything changed and also it looks fine. There was no performance issue nor there was any problem with the output. But the customization does not work on applications. Like on web browsers or on office applications. They will open in the same old UI. For Windows 7, you will need to find something similar. You will have to fine Windows 8 transformation pack. I am not really sure if anyone is making that but it can be available. That pack will add Windows 8 effect on Windows 7. The entire UI will be transformed to new one giving out more better look. Now here Windows 8 has Metro UI. The box type of icons on the screen. That UI is bit complicated to understand. Also there is no start menu in it. Microsoft must have added some features via which we can simply disable the existing Windows 8 look and switch it back to Windows 7. But none of those settings are available.

That is correct. There must be some kind of option by which we can simply disable the existing UI and put it back on the old look. But somehow that does not looks to be working well. Windows 8 is not so easy to use for those who switched instantly from Windows 7 due to the changed interface.

The most you can do is add some themes and customize the icons. That's all. you cannot simply completely change your existing Windows 7 to Windows 8. You can add Metro UI also which will give more proper output on the screen. But that does not work so well. I found Windows 8 a bit more improved in terms of performance. It is relatively simple. You just need to get yourself use to the new look of Windows. Actually Microsoft did a mistake .They must release two version of Windows 8. One with Metro UI dedicated for touch devices and second the regular one with start menu for non touch system. Because via arrow key it is not easy to navigate on the metro ui. And it is also a right suggestion that there must be some option available to disable Metro UI when not required. Now I had seen some transformation pack on popular websites. They offer features like complete ui change, new icons and splash screen on the desktop.So you can go those some of the popular download website and download the transformation pack.