Thread: Setting 2 different wallpapers on dual screen setup in windows 8

Setting 2 different wallpapers on dual screen setup in windows 8

It wasn't so annoying and tough to set two different wallpapers on dual monitor setup until i was using Windows 7. Recently upgraded the system to Windows 8 on the same setup and so far struggling to set separate wallpapers on both monitors. When i go to personalize, desktop backgrounds and right click any of the wallpaper, it only gives me two options, 1st "Set for all Monitors" and second is "Set for Monitor 2". While it should be Set for 1 and set for 2, right? Did anyone else with Windows 8 noticed this problem? If yes, is there any way to fix it and set 2 wallpapers on dual monitor?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: Setting 2 different wallpapers on dual screen setup in windows 8

Some times it is also related to the screen resolution. As i dont know what resolution you are having i cannot suggest anything related to the same but here is some thing important to check. Have you connected the second monitor as Under display > Screen resolution where you set up the dual monitor, make sure that you have selected the option 'Extend desktop to this display' and apply. If you have selected any other option then surely you will get the both options as "Monitor 2" while setting up wallpaper. Please dont ask me the reason why is it so, this is windows settings, we cannot do anything.

Hello IlaMurugu,

Did you managed to get the job done? If not, then here is what i found recently while working out on the same issue as you have. I found a tool called DisplayFUsion that just didn't helped me but gave much more than i was trying to do. It allows you several features like Multiple wallpapers, Multi-Monitor Screen Savers, Multi-Monitor Taskbars, Window Management and location, etc.

This is the most easiest way to organize or control your desktop in case you are using multiple monitors. If you want you can download the DisplayFUsion from here. This is a trial version, if you like it you can buy the full version for couple of dollars.

You are correct Anish, DisplayFUsion is indeed an easiest way of managing Dual Monitor setup. Apart from setting separate wallpapers, it provides over 50 more interesting and useful features. But, you were wrong at one place. DisplayFUsion is not compulsorily paid. It comes in free version as well with 20 features which are far enough and the ones which we required. However paid version offers lot more but they are not so useful. So you can carry on with the free version itself.

There is also one more alternate utility called as UltraMon. Even this software allows you to set different wallpapers and screensaver, taskbar to mirroring and much more. But this is paid utility with trial version.If you want you can try this out as well by downloading from here.

Wow, you guys made the things easier for me. Thanks for sharing such useful utility, guys. I downloaded the DisplayFUsion and found it very useful for me. As it is free I would like to go with the same. Help appreciated.