Thread: Desktop wallpaper on dual display disappears on Windows 8

Desktop wallpaper on dual display disappears on Windows 8

I am using a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 8 pro. as the system has better configuration i added a second monitor to extend display that can be very helpful for me in my work. Everything went fine for a day but now the wallpaper disappears from the second monitor in every 2 to 3 minutes, I need to set it again, it remains there for same duration and disappears again. Few times, only few times refreshing the desktop brings the wallpaper back but again it gets disappear.

Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix it permanently?

Re: Desktop wallpaper on dual display disappears on Windows 8

before i can provide any suggestion, i have a small question. How have you connected the monitor, i mean is it selected as Extend, Duplicate, or single display? Secondly i would like to know if your windows is Activated? Because most of the times as you might have seen in earlier windows (7 or XP) as well, wallpapers get disappeared if the windows is not genuine or not activated. Ensure this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    How have you connected the monitor, i mean is it selected as Extend, Duplicate, or single display? Secondly i would like to know if your windows is Activated?
    Thanks for the help Skylar. I have set the second monitor as Extended display and my windows is 100% genuine and activated. What now? Should i change the option from Extended display to something else? But on Windows 7, wallpapers works fine with extended display. Please suggest some working solution.

It should work fine with extended displays as well. I think the problem is with your wallpaper resolution. You should try out a large wallpaper which should cover up both the screens. But make sure file size doesn't increases more than 500 to 600kb. I have cases where this problem occurs if people trying to set a wallpaper which is about 2 to 3MB in size. second thing what you need to take care is ensure "Shuffle" option is disabled under personalize > Background. For more help on the same, check this discussion: Setting 2 different wallpapers on dual screen setup in windows 8