Thread: How to get rid of jump list trigger in Windows 7

How to get rid of jump list trigger in Windows 7

I actually have a habit of moving my mouse upwards when I click on taskbar program icons, which activates the jump list, so does anyone know of a way how to disable this permanently? I have tried using the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker which can usually make changes to the right click context menu for these taskbar items to the classic ones but it is not able to do what I actually want for disabling? So, if there is anyone who knows an alternative solution then it will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: How to get rid of jump list trigger in Windows 7

Jump lists is actually a new taskbar feature in Windows 7 which is quite annoying and dont know why it has been inplemented in this OS. But this feature can be easily disabled by right clicking on Taskbar and then going to Properties > Start Menu tab > Uncheck Store and then display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar and then apply the settings and click ok. Hope this helps.

Well, if you want to clear or disable the Windows 7 Jump List recent history then you acn try to delete individual items by opening the jump list for the desired application and then right click on any Recent or Frequent item and then click to remove that from this list. To get the jump list recent history you simply need to recheck the box and then click ok.

You can also disable the Jump List Items from Remote Computers if you want. Simply type gpedit.msc in the Start menu's search box and then press Enter. After that go to the User Configuration > Administrative Templates and then choose Start Menu and Taskbar in the left side of the Group Policy editor. Now you need to double click on "Do not display or track items in Jump Lists from remote locations" in the settings section of the Group Policy and then enable and then clik ok to save it.