Thread: How to customize Windows 7 navigation button

How to customize Windows 7 navigation button

Hi,

i am here to get a small help from you guys regarding the Windows Explorer customizations in Windows 7. I saw a computer at one's office who system was running on Win 7 but his navigation buttons (like the backward and forward buttons) on windows explorer was in different colors and style. he was also having navigation buttons like Apple operating systems.

It was looking very attractive. So i know this is possible but i dont know how to do it. Do anyone of you have any idea how to do the same?

Re: How to customize Windows 7 navigation button

There is a small utility that allows you to do this easily in few simple steps. It is called "Windows 7 Navigation Buttons Customizer" and can be downloaded from here. Just download and install. Follow the onscreen instruction and you are done. It has a very simple user interface like this:

I appreciate your help buddy. That’s sounds really simple. But still there is a problem. I installed the application fine and followed the onscreen instructions but at a stage when I click on “Change selected Bitmap” it opens Windows Explorer to browse Bitmap image. Here the problem is which Bitmap image is it talking about? Do we have any such bitmap image stored on our systems by default?

Nope, we don’t have those bitmap images by default. It is actually asking for icons you want to set on the navigation menu. You can create one for you manually or you can download a set of bitmap icons from here. There are more than 15 icon packs including the Apple one which you were saying in the first post. Enjoy.