Thread: Explorer crashing after installing new themes on Windows 7

Explorer crashing after installing new themes on Windows 7

I had downloaded some free themes from the web and install them on my pc. After installing the same the system worked fine. But as it was getting slowed down, I removed them from Control Panel. Later on upon reboot, whenever I open any folder or access any system partition Explorer crashes. There is a white screen on the desktop and later on there is a error that explorer stopped working. I tried ample of things to fix the problem but it did not worked. The themes that I was using installed many extra components and shortcuts on my system.

Re: Explorer crashing after installing new themes on Windows 7

You can go for system restore. That would be helpful. Just search System restore in Start Menu and run it. It will be one of the most easiest option to fix the problem you are facing. System restore allows you to put back your old settings when your system was working fine.

It is recommended that you must not install themes from any website. Ample of them have virus or malware. I had faced the same issue when I installed a smiley software on my pc. It added some extra stuff. Among them one was very annoying. It constantly popup on the screen and says there is a virus in my pc. I clicked on scan and it added some fake antivirus which was asking for money. I tried many things to fix it but it did not work. The last option left was to completely format my pc and install windows back again from scratch. That fixed the issue. I formatted the system and installed everything. For theming you can visit Microsoft's official website. They offers some simple themes that might work well on Windows. Just do not install anything. It is also heavy on the memory due to which the system works slower. There must be automated options in windows itself to get themes and other kind of updates. Which would be simply much more helpful in fixing the problem faced.

If you need desktop effects then there is a very lightweight utility called as Rain meter. Download this and it will add nice widgets on your screen. It works nicely and does not put any pressure on the system hardware. It is a very light weight application and has no infection related problem.

What you can see in task manager. Go in Task manager and click on Performance. There check out the application eating your system resources. It is necessary that you must locate the service which is consuming your system resource. Ample of time even if you remove those themes some files are left in the system which are like adware. You will get constant ads popup on your screen. It is really annoying. I had gone through the same issue. It was due to my brother who loves to add new effects on the pc. I tried system restore. It just gives a temporary relief to your pc. For sometime the system might work well but later the issue will remain constant. First check in task manager which application is eating a good amount of your system resource. Then you can download and install Hijackthis in your pc. This will simply show you the location of the file which is running in the background. It works simply great. Hijackthis scan your pc and find each and every service running in your system. You can on that basis simply locate them and delete it completely.

Go in Control Panel > Uninstall Program. In that look for the list of programs running in your pc. Remove all the unwanted stuff from the same. Which will be much more better. When you remove all the UN-required stuff your system will automatically keep on getting better.

There are some basic things which you are can try and if that does not work then the only option left here is to format your pc and install Vista back again from scratch. The first thing you can do is first boot your system in safe mode. Run a system restore. If that goes well then it is fine. If not then again run cmd and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. It will simply check for damage system files and replace it. It works really well. Whenever I am having system file related issue I just scan my system with SFC and it works great. There is no issue at all. All damage files are simply replaced by the scanner and things went fine.