Thread: In Windows 8, how to get ending screen similar as lock screen?

In Windows 8, how to get ending screen similar as lock screen?

I actually like the different keyboard stock lock screen but I am not able to stand the Space needle screen, so is there anyone who can tell me how to get the ending screen similar like the lock screen if possible in Windows 8? I have tried searching for some automated tools on the web but cannot find anything? So, can anyone tell me how to do that, any help would be appreciated.

Re: In Windows 8, how to get ending screen similar as lock screen?

You can try to go to Charm and then Settings and then Change PC settings and check at below the option to Personalize. Now you will get the choice of lock screen, start screen and account picture as well. Remember that this modification can be only done if you have your Windows Activated. Hope this helps you out.

Thank you for responding, but I think you didnt get what I meant to say. I have activated my Windows 8 and it is a legal version as well. There are multiple accounts on my pc and I have set the lock screen, start screen and account picture altogether different but when I log out from the other account instead of displaying the lock screen that I have set, I am getting the Space needle screen. I have tried changing it in the account but that doesnt change anything. Any ideas?

After some searching on the web I was able to find a solution for changing the lock screen that you get when you sign out from Windows 8. Check by expanding and searching this path - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-18\ReadOnly\LockScreen_Z in Windows 8. You will need to change the ownership of the systemdata folder at the bottom and also make sure that the SYSTEM has permissions for it also.