Thread: Lightweight Live Wallpaper application for Windows 7

Lightweight Live Wallpaper application for Windows 7

I am looking for a simple and lightweight live wallpaper for my pc. I am having Windows 7 desktop. I want to add my pet photos on the screen. And I want to add them in the form of slideshow or in the form of some animated album. I am not able to find out any application or any tool that can do the same. I tried looking on the web but whatever images I found are simple. They are not animated. I tried adding a animated gif on desktop background but it also does not worked.

Re: Lightweight Live Wallpaper application for Windows 7

You cannot use live images on the desktop background. You can use static images only. The only best way to add all those photos on the desktop is via screensaver. You can copy all the photos inside the picture folder of Windows. Then you can simply via screensaver browse the folder and get a proper output. The screen saver works fine and does not require any kind of additional application. It is also quiet light on the system. While if you install some third party tools they might be heavy on your system resources.

There is an application called as DreamScene. I found this on internet and I am using it. My system is having 4GB RAM, Core i5 processor and 2GB graphic card. It works well on it. DreamScene adds a set of wallpapers on your desktop which are animated. You can simply choose different kind of images from the galleries and use them as your default wallpaper. I am sure that will fulfill all your requirements which you are looking for. Just go on the internet and download DreamScene.

It is very heavy on the system. It consume a good amount of physical ram. It works fine only on good system as mentioned above. I tested the same on my old XP system which freezes a lot. To some extent it is recommended to go with the screen saver only. That is the best way. If you are having a slow or old system then DreamScene can simply make it more slow. It is a good ram consuming application. You can keep screensaver on minimum timeout settings.

Instead of going for any animated desktop application the best you can do is download a wallpaper changer. There are ample of applications available on the web. I had downloaded one for my xp system and it works really nicely. There is no problem with freezing and all. After few seconds the wallpapers will keep on changing automatically without much issue. Just download the wallpaper changer application and install the same in your pc and then check back.