Thread: Windows 7 freezes after installing themes

Windows 7 freezes after installing themes

I had recently installed some themes on my system. It was working well. I had also added some customization tools but it does not looks to be working. I had checked my system for virus but it does not look to be a big issue. The desktop is freezing and does not allow me to do anything. I tried changing the theme but that also did not worked. I am in need of some nice tool that can help me to recover my system as it was before. I had gone in safe mode and removed those themes and customization packs.

Re: Windows 7 freezes after installing themes

The best way to fix this problem is System Restore. You can return to a previous system date through that. It is located in Accessories > System Menu. Just search for System Restore in the start menu. It is useful if any recently installed program or driver or an update cause issue with system and makes it unstable. Every time when you install any new stuff a new restore point is created. You can also create system restore point as per your need. Here personal files are not affected they remains and there is no issue with data.

System Restore allows you to restore files and system settings of Windows. This does not affect your documents but can remove the latest drivers and installed programs. So it is necessary that you must simply run it only when needed. You can run that and remove the customization features. I had tried this a number of time and it work well. There is no problem with the same. It is quiet simple to use and remove any recently changes done in the system.

If your pc is crashing then you can checkout crash dumps. They can be found on your computer. You can find the detail of the same inside event log where you can get more description about the error you are facing. It is much more easier to handle. If you are aware about the actual crash issue then it more easier for you to deal with the problem. There are chances that some internal pending files may be causing crash even after you removed those theming files or customization packs.