Thread: StarDock ModermMix helps to run multiple apps in Window

StarDock ModermMix helps to run multiple apps in Window

Stardock has offered a new application called as ModernMix for Windows 8. This application adds a extra benefit of using different kind of application inside a Window. You can resize them run other apps and also pin them on the start screen. The app offers more accessibility options and works smoothly with Windows 8. There is no performance issue here. It offers a classic way of re-arranging different application on your screen and using them with each other.

Re: StarDock ModermMix helps to run multiple apps in Window

It is good for those application which works directly in full screen mode. I found it great on my system. I am having a Media Center software installed. When I launch it, it covers everything. Now I can run that in window mode and drag it anywhere on the screen. the same is great for using other application. I was expecting more features in this app. Because it a bit limited in using different application inside the same window. Something like multiple desktop stuff.

Does any tested it for games. I am looking for game help here. When I launch the game it covers everything. Sometime there are popup or emails and when I minimize the game by press Start key it crashes. It is better to have this kind of app and if it works for game then it is too good. I am willing to test the same. I had seen a video of this app which mostly shows information on different office application. There is nothing provided about the video games.

You can test that. And if that does not work then there is one more way of doing that. In ample of video games there is a video settings in which you get option to enable and disable full screen mode.

You can simply choose Window mode from that. Instead of minimizing pause the game and launch other applications once you are in Window mode. Things will work more properly there. It is not complicated to find those settings. But if not listed then your game does not support window mode.

ModernMix is a lightweight app. I do not think it can offer you a gaming performance here. And it is a paid app.There was a beta edition available before for testing. You can try finding the download on web and see whether it works or not. You can test it out.

According to me I do not think ModerMix might work for games. But still it is very handy. There is a demo edition available that can help you to understand how it really works. It is just arranging your application inside different window.

ModernMix puts everything inside a window. Even the start screen. The Metro UI. It is not really great. In Windows 8 you can see that the Metro UI covers the whole screen. Now through ModernMix you can pin applications that you use continuously. When you click on that, it opes on the Metro UI in window mode without going on the desktop. So it is handy to some extent. Not really great for gaming or extreme customization options are available in it.

I am using ModernMix. I thought there will be something great in it. But it is just a basic application that put app inside window which is a default feature of many applications. There are hardly any app available that works in full screen mode.

Almost all of them has a maximize,minimize and close button the top right. The app just add some benefit to the task bar by giving on some new app shortcuts there. And I am sure that is a bit helpful. But compare to that I found a dock app more easier.